Why Work Here
Lovell Animal Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of companion animals in East Tennessee. We strive to provide the highest customer service and patient care standards and treat every patient as our own.
In addition to a fulfilling work environment, East Tennessee is an amazing place to live and work. Knoxville provides all the excitement and convenience of a big city, surrounded by some of Tennessee’s most exquisite natural beauty.
Knoxville is a short drive from the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, the Cherokee National Forrest, and numerous State Parks. There are a wide variety of outdoor activities available for locals year-round! For thrill-seekers, you will enjoy our proximity to Dollywood, home to numerous high-speed roller coasters, cultural events, and family activities.
Our practice is centered in the West side of Knoxville, which is more rural, but is growing quickly. There are many home developments, shopping locations, and highly rated school systems in the neighborhoods surrounding our practice.
A short 10-minute drive will take you downtown, where you can enjoy the city’s culture and various restaurants, shows, and activities.
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast or at home in the city, Knoxville has something for everyone!
Ready to start your veterinary career?
We are looking for a Veterinary Receptionist/ Client Service Representative to work closely with our clients and support our veterinariany team. You’ll play an important role in bringing comfort to our furry patients and ensuring the smooth running of our facility. One of the most important CSR responsibilities is to ensure professional communication and high quality service to our clients and patients. We’ll rely on you to communicate professionally and effectively with clients and our veterinary team. Do you love animals? Then you’re halfway there. You need the knowledge to care for them properly – that’s one of the most important Vet CSR job requirements. This includes knowledge of routine tasks, like feeding or bathing animals, but also scheduling and triage of routine wellness visits as well as injured or scared animals. If you’re organized, can handle high stress situations, and have a heart for animals we’d like to meet you.
- Answer phone calls
- Schedule appointments (both wellness and sick appointments)
- Maintain and organize records and office
- Utilize specialized veterinary software
- Maintain a knowledge of clinic recommendations and requirements for patients
- Maintain an efficient schedule for doctor team
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients
- Help in cases of emergencies
- Handle administrative duties such as scheduling appointments or calling patients in the examination room by priority
- Keep accurate records and logs
- Reassure clients that their pets are being cared for and explain issues (e.g. lack of appointments, insurance matters)
- Take payments and communicate financial policies & more
- Proven experience as a Veterinary Assistant/CSR or similar position working with animals
- Experience in an administrative role is a plus
- Current or former pet ownership is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Ability to follow instructions properly
- Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs, birds, reptiles etc.)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (e.g. lift up to 40 lbs)
- Availability to occasionally work in emergencies
- High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus’
Our practice is excited to add another Veterinary Technician to our team! We are looking for an individual who is good at communicating, organization, and multi-tasking, and who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years’ previous experience in veterinary medicine.
Non-credentialed technicians: $13-19/hr
Licensed Veterinary Medical Technicians: Up to $22/hr
Operating Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 7:30 am-5:30 pm; Wed 7:30 am-12:00 pm; Sat 8:00 am-12:00 pm
We are proud to offer our teammates comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with match
- Personal pet care discount
- Scrub allowance
- CE budget
- Able to perform basic animal handling and restraint
- Be able to accurately position for radiographs
- Assist veterinarians in the practice of veterinary medicine and surgery
- Perform in-hospital lab testing and prepare specimens for outside labs
- Assist veterinarians in outpatient exams by taking histories, vital signs, and weights as well as providing client education
- Collect and prepare diagnostic samples
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Assist in maintaining practice equipment
- Assist veterinarian performing surgery
- Assist veterinarians in any other assigned tasks
- Maintain cleanliness of surgery suite, treatment area, and exams rooms for all surfaces
- Support DEA compliance as it relates to the role
- Any other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift patients and carry equipment up to 40 pounds; ability to lift patients or carry equipment over 40 pounds with assistance
- Practice OSHA safety techniques including proper PPE
- Computer skills, MS office applications, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Knoxville, TN 37932: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Veterinary: 1 year (Required)
- Veterinary Technician Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
We are looking for an experienced Groomer to join our pet care team. Our ideal candidate is an animal lover who has prior training and experience. You must be comfortable bathing dogs of various breeds and sizes, as well as cats. In addition to bathing, your grooming duties will include nail clipping and ear-cleaning services. We expect candidates for this position to have the trimming and shearing skills necessary to fulfill client expectations. As a Groomer, you should have a passion for helping our animal friends look their best.
- Bathe and dry pets, including dogs and cats
- Trim or shear animal coats according to owner specifications
- Clip or file pet’s nails as necessary
- Perform ear-cleaning services as necessary
- Express anal glands
- Brush Teeth
- Prior grooming experience through an internship or apprenticeship is required
- Hand shearing and scissoring skills
- Comfort working with various breeds of dogs and cats
- Ability to work with dogs that weigh over 60 lbs.
- Communication skills
- Your own grooming table/arm/ equipment